Celebrating the holiday season with outdoor holiday lights can be a fun and creative way to help you and your neighborhood get in the spirit of the season. However, something as simple as decorating your house for the holidays can actually be pretty dangerous if certain precautions are not made. Our team at Illuminating Design Inc. has put together the following list of top 5 tips for safe holiday lighting installation.
As the holiday season approaches, it is time for you to put together your holiday lighting design. There are a lot of different trends going around right now, some simple, some a little over the top, and others perfectly elegant. The experts at Illuminating Design Inc. have some tips that will help your holiday lights design be a beautiful combination of cheer, grace, and excitement.
- Choose 1 main color: Right now it is possible for you to get holiday lights in just about any color imaginable. Your design will look cohesive and beautiful if you can be disciplined enough to choose one main color. Of course, the most classic is the white lights, but a fun statement can be made with any color if you can stick with it.
- Choose 1 or 2 accent colors: Now that you have chosen the main color to use in your lighting decor, it is time to select 1 or 2 accent colors to throw in there. These accents should look good together, and should very much be used as accents. A splash of contrast here and there in your design will have a really good effect.
- Hire professionals to hang the lights: Once you have a good plan of what you want where, it is time to call in the professionals. Those who handle this work for a living will be able to hang the lights right where you want them with no slack or errant strings of flashing bulbs. They will come with experience and tools meant to make your house look incredible for the season. Trying to do this yourself will be dangerous, and will bring results that won't quite match your initial desires.
- Keep it simple: With so many fun outdoor decorations out there, it can be hard for a huge holiday lover to hold back from purchasing and displaying all of them. A cluttered yard with too many of these items will ruin the feeling of your display. Choose carefully the different elements you put into your design so that you can keep it simple and tidy.
- Be different: Elegance and uniqueness are not mutually exclusive. Just because you want a beautiful display does not mean that your home has to look like all the other lighted homes on the block. Add different elements to your design that will help your house to stand out from all the others. The accent color can do that as can adding music, signs with holiday messages, and other such things.
It's never too early to start planning your home's holiday decor. But since you probably don't have endless time to put into making your home look festive, it's a good idea to leave the hard work to the professionals. Here are 5 reasons why you should hire a professional lighting company for the holidays this year!
You Will Save TimePutting up Christmas lights you can be proud of can take some serious time that you probably don't have. When you hire a professional company, you just need to call and set up an appointment. With a professional taking care of it, you can get all the other things on your holiday checklist taken care of. Not only will they set up the lights, but you won't have to worry about taking them down after the season either.
No Safety RiskFalling off the ladder and other light-hanging mishaps don't just happen to Clark Griswold. There is always a risk of you falling or slipping while hanging lights, not to mention the risk of electric shock when trying to get them to work right. If you hire an insured, professional, safety-conscious company, there is no risk involved.
Your Vision Will Come to LifePerhaps you've always had a vision for how you'd like your home to look all lit up for the holidays. But when doing it yourself, it's not always as easy as it seems to bring your perfect vision to life. The good news is that you can work with a professional company to get the look you've always wanted! Turn your home into a beautiful and festive work of art.
No MaintenanceIf you've ever installed lights yourself, you're probably all too familiar with burnt-out bulbs and having to constantly maintain them. Why add more stress to your busy holiday schedule? Not only do professional companies use higher-quality lights that will last longer to begin with, but they can also come and fix any issue that may arise for you.
No Worrying about StorageYou may not want to buy all the lights and decorations you'd like for your house because you don't have anywhere to store them when it's time to take them down. But when you hire a professional holiday lighting company, you purchase the lights from them just once and they store them for you for the rest of the year! Then the next year, you won't have to buy new lights or worry about digging your old lights out of storage and hoping they work.
Are you excited for the upcoming holidays? If you are, then you likely enjoy showing your excitement by decorating your home to bring in the spirit of the season. Many people have jumped on the trend of outdoor holiday lighting, as this is a really elegant and effective way to decorate for the holidays. As fun as this is, it can be hard to really stand out among the crowd with so many joining in. The experts at Illuminating Design Inc. have some fun ideas that can help your outdoor holiday lighting be unique from those around you.
Light Up for All the HolidaysWhile it is certainly the most popular, Christmas is not the only season that can be celebrated with lights. You can really stand out by stringing up lights for all the major days of celebration. Some ideas for this are as follows:
- • Orange lights and candy corn for Halloween
- • Pink lights and hearts for Valentine's Day
- • Red, White, and blue lights with flags for patriotic days
- • Green lights and shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day